Making Adelaide a Fantastic Place to Live and Bringing People Back to the City
As the owner of Barossa Fine Foods and Angelakis Bros, I have been active in the business and local community for close to 30 years. We started with a small stall in Adelaide Central Market and are now a successful, thriving South Australian-owned and operated business.
The Adelaide community has supported us for the last three decades, and it's now my turn to give back. By being more active in the development of the City, I can be a guardian of innovative progress, ensuring each voice is heard and recognised.
Your support 4 years ago in the 2018 Council Elections was greatly appreciated! I ask that you again put your faith in me so that I am able to continue working with businesses and residents to enhance and improve Central Ward and the City of Adelaide as a whole.
A healthy City caters for all its stakeholders
Adelaide is a beautiful and unique city, with an exceptional ambience. We need to continue to progress and evolve to keep it at the forefront of technology and development, while retaining the heritage and charm we love.
As a representative of our local community, I am working to balance the needs of residents and business.
Making Adelaide a Fantastic Place to Live
• for improved road and footpath maintenance;
• to focus on pedestrian safety at night with increased streetlighting;
• to plan practical cycling and scooter infrastructure;
• for aesthetic improvements such as streetscaping and more public art;
• for a rapid response to remove graffiti and deal with illegal dumping;
• to introduce the collection of recyclables and green waste for high-rise apartments
• to improve the City Connector bus route and service
• to invest in protecting and enhancing our precious parklands.
Bringing People Back to the City
• offering two hours free parking for shoppers at all Council carparks
• upgrading Hindley Street working with local businesses, residents and property owners
• ensuring the City is seen to be and actually is accessible by keeping roads open during events
• instituting a year-long program of events so that there is always something exciting happening across the CBD, particularly within Central Ward’s dining and entertainment precincts
• continuing to support the Adelaide Economic Development Agency to bolster our City’s various businesses, not allowing AEDA to be wound up
• keeping the Adelaide Central Market Authority in the hands of skills-based experts.
I invite you to explore my policies in more detail on this website, and thank you for giving me your Number 1 Vote in 2022 as a Central Ward Councillor.